Shoulder pain can prevent you from doing the things you love in life. If shoulder pain is left untreated, it's likely to morph into other complications affecting your back and neck. Fortunately, shoulder pain does not have to make life unbearable for you. Chiropractic treatment offered by Back on Track Chiropractic can provide much-needed relief from shoulder pain. We have been providing residents of Birmingham, Hoover, Mountain Brook, Homewood, and Vestavia Hills, AL, with shoulder pain treatment for many years.
What Are the Causes of Shoulder Pain?
There are numerous possible culprits behind your shoulder pain, including:
- Frozen shoulder: It's a painful condition that happens when your shoulder does not move for an extended period.
- Bursitis: This refers to inflammation that affects the sacs (bursae) surrounding the rotator cuff. When inflamed, these sacs press on the shoulder ligaments and tendons, causing pain and restricted mobility.
- Tendonitis: Inflammation of the shoulder's tendons leads to shoulder pain.
- Osteoarthritis: This inflammatory disease wears down the discs. This causes shoulder joints to glide over each other, causing pain.
- Trauma: Auto accidents, sports injuries, and work-related injuries often lead to shoulder pain.
- Rotator cuff injuries: Trauma and degenerative conditions can contribute to rotator cuff tears, leading to pain and inability to lift heavy loads.
How Does a Chiropractor Treat Shoulder Pain?
Chiropractic care effectively treats shoulder pain because it treats the root cause of the problem rather than masking the symptoms with medications. Chiropractors use the below treatment options to manage shoulder pain:
- Chiropractic adjustments: This treatment reduces misalignments and restrictions in the spine and throughout the body. These adjustments will relieve your pain, improve your mobility, and improve your nervous system's performance.
- Massage therapy: This treatment alleviates pain and inflammation on your shoulder's ligaments, tendons, and muscles.
- Stretching exercises: Chiropractic exercises done at home or office improve flexibility and mobility of shoulder joints.
- Lifestyle and nutritional counseling: Our chiropractor identifies factors contributing to your shoulder pain and helps you reduce or eliminate them.
Why Should I See a Chiropractor for Shoulder Pain?
While you can consider traditional treatments for shoulder pain, chiropractic care should be your first choice because of the following benefits:
- It promotes faster healing
- It's drug-free and non-invasive
- Reduces pain and inflammation
- Improves your mobility
- Provides a healing effect to the whole body and not your shoulder alone
- Improves muscle tone and strength
Contact Our Chiropractor for Shoulder Pain Treatment
Shoulder pain can be debilitating, preventing you from participating in activities you love. Thankfully, chiropractic care is a viable path to recovery. If shoulder pain is troubling you in Birmingham, Hoover, Mountain Brook, Homewood, or Vestavia Hills, AL, contact Back On Track Chiropractic today at (205) 623-5782.