Joint Pain Treatment With Back On Track Chiropractic In Birmingham, AL
Joint pain can stem from a variety of natural and unnatural causes -- but that doesn't mean you have to accept it as an inevitable part of your everyday life. If you're struggling with chronically "creaky" joints or disabled by an acute joint injury, you should know that natural treatment options can help you overcome your symptoms without dependence on drugs or the additional trauma of surgery. Back On Track Chiropractic in Birmingham, AL will be happy to provide you with the joint pain treatment you need.
Common Causes of Joint Pain
Your joint pain could be caused by any number of underlying problems. Examples include:
- Facet joint syndrome - Degenerative spinal conditions or an uncorrected spinal misalignment may lead to chronic inflammation and stiffening in the spine's facet joints.
- Joint alignment problems - Even a minor joint alignment problem, or subluxation, can make it impossible for spinal or extremity joint components to move without pain.
- Osteoarthritis - As the cartilage between the bone ends in a joint wears down, the friction within the joint increases, causing chronic pain, stiffness, and inflammation.
- Acute auto, sports, or work injuries - A car accident, sports injury, or workplace injury can push joints painfully out of alignment (sometimes to the point of complete dislocation) while tearing the joint's muscles and connective tissues.
- Repetitive strain injuries - Chronic joint pain may develop slowly as the joint is constantly subjected to repetitive strain -- a common problem for athletes, musicians, and others who perform the same physical actions over and over again. This causes soft tissue inflammation such as tendonitis and bursitis.
How Our Chiropractor Can Provide Relief
Our chiropractor, Dr. Duca, uses comprehensive diagnostic techniques to discover the cause of your joint pain, including the specific joint being affected. For many patients, a series of chiropractic adjustments to improve joint alignment and disc position can bring significant relief for both acute and chronic joint pain. Massage therapy is also useful for helping injured joint tissues heal and improving their flexibility. If your joint point is related to an ongoing musculoskeletal imbalance, you may even benefit from custom foot orthotics that balance body weight and ease stresses on joints. Once you're feeling better, we can recommend lifestyle changes as needed to help you prevent issues such as repetitive motion injuries.
Contact the Chiropractor That Birmingham Residents Trust
You don't have to resort to extreme measures to get your acute or chronic joint pain under control. Schedule an appointment with the chiropractor Birmingham residents trust with their joint troubles. Call 205-942-4243 today!