Back On Track Chiropractic & Wellness Center in Birmingham, AL, Treats Osteoarthritis
Have you ever felt as though your spine goes through a series of cracks, clicks, or unwanted pain? If so, you might have osteoarthritis. Spinal osteoarthritis is a deterioration of the discs and joints in the spine, oftentimes referred to as degenerative joint disease. Since the spine is associated with every major function within the body, it's crucial to notice the signs of osteoarthritis and have our chiropractor from Back On Track Chiropractic & Wellness Center provide much-needed joint pain relief.
What Is Osteoarthritis of The Spine?
Osteoarthritis of the spine is the wearing and tearing of the cartilage in the neck or lower back joints or discs. This painful disease affects millions of people and can progressive overtime. To prevent loss of cartilage, proper treatment from Dr. Duca, our chiropractor in Birmingham, AL, is necessary.
What are the Symptoms?
Because deterioration of cartilage can happen any joint of the body and not solely in the spinal region, it's vital to understand how the symptoms of osteoarthritis. The following are some of the most common symptoms of degenerative joint disease:
- Joint stiffness or pain, typically occurring after some type of movement
- Inflammation of the soft tissue
- Muscle weakness
- Hearing cracking or clicking noises after bending the joint
- Instability of the joint
- Limited range of movement
These factors could also hinder daily activity and work productivity if left untreated. Fortunately, our Birmingham, AL, chiropractor can assist in the restoration of mobility and your overall well-being.
Treatment for Osteoarthritis
After an initial consultation and examination, Dr. Duca may suggest a series of treatments to get your body back on track, enabling you to conduct your daily activities without pain, including:
- Nutritional Guidance: What you eat may be directly related to the amount of inflammation that occurs in the body.
- Exercise: Movement is crucial to alleviating osteoarthritis and improving flexibility and mobility to the affected areas.
- Orthotics: Having properly fitted inserts can improve your spinal alignment and decrease the strain on the joints.
Call Us for An Appointment Today!
If you're in need of joint pain relief, Back On Track Chiropractic & Wellness Center is here to help. Call (205) 942-4243 to book a consultation with our chiropractor in Birmingham, AL.